Hardworking son of a "mais" farmer top 2 in PMA batch 2017
- The Philippine Military Academy (PMA) has recently announced their top 10 of this year's graduating class
- One of them is Philip Modesto Viscaya of Ligao City, Albay
- Philip will graduate with the second highest honor of their batch
READ ALSO: Ailing half-blind mother climbs hills, crosses river and walks 28 km to cook soup for daughter she hasn't seen for so long
The great news came out early this Monday.
As reported by ABS-CBN News, proud parents Nestor and Maria Elena Viscaya are happy of their son's achievement.
Of the six siblings, Philip is the eldest.
READ ALSO: Old grandpa endures selling buchi and biko on the street despite disability
His parents would do everything just to raise them well and provide them a good future.
His after endures working in a farm, planting corns in the middle of a scorching sunny day just to send them to school and support their needs.
The family is set to go to Baguio on Wednesday to attend Philip's graduation.
READ ALSO: Poor Pinay grandma riding at the back of a jeepney while all the passengers inside sit comfortably will break your heart into pieces
Below is the list of top 10 this 2017:
10. Catherine Mae Emeterio Gonzales, Zamboanga City
9. Resie Jezreel Arrocena Hucalla, Compostela Valley
8. Joyzy Mencias Funchica, Butuan City
7. Sheil Marie Calonge de Guzman, Manaoag, Pangasinan
6. Shiela Joy Ramiro Jallorina, Bagabag, Nueva Vizcaya
5. Carlo Emmanuel Manalasan Canlas, Pampanga
4. Cathleen Jovie Santiano Baybayan, San Fernando, Pampanga
3. Eda Glis Buansi Marapao, Baguio City
2. Philip Modesto Viscaya, Ligao City, Albay
1. Rovi Mairel Valino Martinez, Cabanatuan City
RELATED: Hardworking daughter of empanada vendor and welder top 10 in the Nursing board examination